To create the wireless remote for the a motor boat we needed to control the left and right motors , for this we used the following components:
- 1- littleBits mounting plate (comes with base set)
- 1 – littleBits fork module ($12)
- 2 – littleBits dimmer($8) or slide switches ($10)
- 1 – littleBits wireless transmitter
- 1- littleBits power module with battery ($6)
We connected the power module to a fork module and then the fork module powered our dimmer modules. We mounted all the components on a littleBits mounting plate, and we taped the battery to the back.
To build the boat we used 2 empty water bottles for flotation. We built a frame with K’Nex (and a little duct tape). The motors we held in place by feeding the motor shafts through a K’Nex support and then we used elastic bands to secure the motors to the frame.
The basic circuit for that boat is shown below. To keep things dry we put all the boat’s littleBits components into a Tupperware container.